A Mabinogi, Alexina Guild

Just to clear somethings up about the hacking and rumored fixes

Sabrial
    Admin

Just to clear somethings up about the hacking and rumored fixes

Post  Sabrial on Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:14 pm

So Im sure everyone is now aware about the current hacking/duping situation that plagues our server. And after talking with wiz I would like to try to explain whats actually happening and whats being done for this.
    WHAT:

The hacks can be traced back to Korean Mabinogi, the name Mabipake which pretty much sends packets to the server which in so many words enables you to utilize gm powers like Invisibility, flight, and unused animations and skills. These hacks also include some other non-gm function skills, such as duplicating gold and items as well as buying items from Shops without paying for them.
    Currently, the gm function hacks are not used at large but the latter ones are.
    WHAT THEY ARE DOINg ABOUT IT:

Currently, NA Nexon is working with DevCat to try to patch their client against these exploits;
    But what people fail to understand is that it isnt as simple as just putting a bandaid on a small cut and hope it will heal, this type of patch takes time to fix and will understandingly take sometime to fix and patch.

Nexon HAS banned several hundred players for using these expliots without any justification other than they catch you doing it and your gone.
    The obvious problem with this is that dick-players will make new accounts and start over again, but at least they are doing something about it.
    IF YOU SEE SOMEONE IN gAME USINg THESE HACKS REPORT IT ON THE FORUMS OR TICKET IT, IT WILL BE READ, trust me.

They have released some seal binding scrolls that BIND stuff to your char, what this means is that it cant be dropped, traded, or destroyed. Why this helps is because if you are hacked the hacker will be unable to remove this item from your char. This is sold in general shops for 1k,3k?,and 5k. For a day a week and month respectively.

RUMORS:
    So rumors have been spread around about nexon doing certain extreme messures to counter act this hacking; I shall try to clear things up.

Wiping the gold:
    Just no; There was a photoshoped Nexon ticket posted on the forums where someone joked about Nexon wiping the gold in oder to restore order. Sabina posted that this is nonesense and Nexon currently is not considering doing this and even if they WERE they will publicly announce it.

Nexon doesnt care:
    Also no; Anyone remember comabt arms? Yes? no? well if you didnt know hacking reigned down on that Nexon game for several long painful months till it was 100% hackers vs 100% hackers. People said "Oh CA is dead and nexon doesnt care", well suddenly one day NA Nexon re-released the anti hack program and just like that hackers were gone and the game was 100% playable again. What Im trying to say is that Nexon hasnt abandoned Mabinogi for a few simple logical reason;
    1) If they didnt care, they wouldnt pretend to care: IE; Post messages about actively banning people.
    2)They wouldnt keep adding new content if they didnt care
    3)They make money from this, ALOT of money, you just dont go "Oh well, shit-hit the fan lets just let it go.

Hope this clears things up, feel free to comment and compain; Over time as i ask more people and obtain more information I will source all this and post it here. Thanks
    Ra~
    Saphchan

Re: Just to clear somethings up about the hacking and rumored fixes

Post  Saphchan on Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:45 pm

Hm... most of this stuff I did not know. Thanks for the clarification.
    Saphchan

Post  Saphchan on Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:48 pm

Ok I has a question

Can I quote this on the Mabi forums? Lots of people are still running around with their heads cut off on this issue.
    Sabrial
    Admin

Post  Sabrial on Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:58 pm

Well Im glad I was able to help clarify things up ^^ I felt I needed to say something to avoid the "Spacey leader doesnt care" Syndrome lol

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:36 am